Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Before I started this blog, I tried to put a few webpages together on the broader range of my wargaming interests and parts of my ever-growing collection.  These included the old magazine I used to edit and publish 'Kriegspieler', as well as some art and most of all , the armies.  These were published under an old uni moniker 'Wonchangers' - needless to say they just sat there on the web and were seen by very few because, well, I didn't do anything about it!  In addition to my interest in the Napoleonic period and occasional dabbles with 40mm figures, the other eras I collected figures for and enjoyed gaming were the Thirty Years War and the Franco-Prussian War. The first show off my TYW European armies and in particular the Poles, who produced one of the most successful cavalry-based armies of that or any other period, dominating for nearly a century.  The other showed the 2nd Empire French, equally as colourful as the first lot but although veterans of a decade of European wars and foreign adventures, doomed by their abysmal leadership and Prussian organisation, tactics and Krupps breach-loading guns!  Anyway, worth a look if you're interested in either period.  Like these guys here:




   BTW - the Prussian army is only partially done and yet another on my very long list of 'to-dos'!

No comments:

Post a Comment